Monday through Friday
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Diagnose problems and affect repairs to Plant equipment on a timely basis.
- Executes assignments received from the Maintenance Manager/Mechanic
- Lead in a timely and accurate fashion with the objective of minimizing downtime and maximizing quality, safety, and run time.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems, and production machines
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Understand and adhere to GMP, SOP and safety procedures at all times.
- Participate, as required, in safety and GMP training sessions, and other company training sessions
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Care and maintenance of commonly used hand and power tools and equipment
- Knowledge of electric motors, generators, pumps, pressure systems, water systems and other equipment and systems found in the facilities
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude
- Ability to perform the job with a high level of safety awareness
- Ability to interpret technical documents; such as operating and maintenance instructions
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Desire and ability to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment
- Willingness to work overtime as production schedule demand.
- Effectively communicate with all members of organization
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Prioritize tasks and handle multiple priorities
Required Education & Experience
Two-year degree in maintenance or mechanical technology field; plus, one to four years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Physical exertion required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Regularly required to sit, stand (90%), walk, climb and bend about the facility
- Ability to work in an environment where the noise level is usually loud.
- Will perform repetitive and non-repetitive work.
- While performing the duties of this job, candidate will be required to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time, use hands and fingers, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, talk or hear.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment including a respirator, glove and eye protection
- Ability to perform work in a manufacturing environment where there is exposure to occupational hazards
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.