Last updated: August 24, 2021
Information We Receive
A. Personal Information
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked with, directly or indirectly, a particular consumer or household. The types of personal information we receive includes the following categories.
- Contact information – first name, last name, physical address, email address, name of your organization, position at your organization, and telephone number.
- Marketing information – details regarding promotional materials and communications you may have requested or received from us and information on your marketing or communication preferences.
- Communication information – copies of communications and inquiries you have participated in with us (including through email, calls, and features available on our Site), questions or concerns you may have about the products you have purchased or your order status, and any surveys you may provide relating to your views and opinions on our goods and customer service.
- Device and usage information – details regarding how and when you use our Site, including the device used to connect to our Site, your IP address, the frequency and duration of your usage, the pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, your browser time, browser plug-in types and version, operating system, and information about your interaction with our Site.
- Job applicant information – If you apply for a job using our Site, contact information, information regarding your qualifications and background, educational information, and any other information you provide as part of your application.
We collect this information when you visit or navigate our Site, fill in forms on our Site, register to have a customer account, submit orders or engage in transactions with us, communicate with us (including by phone, email, or otherwise), visit or engage with our social media pages, participate in surveys or sponsored activities, or otherwise provide us with personal information.
To the extent you make a purchase on behalf of, or provide us with information about, third parties, we will use it in accordance with this Policy. If you provide us with personal information about a third party, you confirm that you have the consent of the third party or are otherwise entitled to share such personal information with us and that you have made the information in this Policy available to the third party.
Please note that we may aggregate or anonymize any personal information we receive so it can no longer identify you. In that event, the information is no longer considered “personal information” and can be used by us for any purpose.
B. Automatically Collected Usage and Device Information
Like most websites, our Site uses various technologies to automatically collect information about visitors. Those technologies include:
- Log Files and Device Identifiers. We use log files to track actions occurring on the Site and collect data about visitors, including IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, and device identifiers.
- Web beacons and other technologies. Our App may use other tracking tools, including web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs), which are small electronic images embedded in content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership.
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on Site visits. We may share information about your use of our Site with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
C. Information from Other Sources
We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors, suppliers, and other third parties and add it to your account information or other information we have collected. We, and the third parties we engage, may combine information we collect from you over time, and across the Site, with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve the information’s overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
D. Social Media
If you interact with us or our other users regarding Bell and its products on any social media platform: (a) depending on your social media privacy settings, the personal information that you submit on the social media platform may be read, collected, or used by us as described in this Policy, and (b) where Bell responds to any interaction with you on social media, your account name/handle may be viewable by any and all members or users of our social media accounts. Social media platforms operate independently from Bell and we are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit or link on any Social Media. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings of any social media platform with which you interact to help you understand their privacy practices.
How We Use Personal Information
We (or service providers acting on our behalf) may use the personal information identified above for the following purposes:
- Negotiating, entering into, and managing our business relationship and agreements with your company, including providing products and services.
- Optimizing your experience on our Site and ensuring that our content is presented to you in the most effective manner.
- Responding to your inquiries and communicating with you regarding orders, products and services, and other issues, and otherwise managing customer service issues.
- Sending you promotional or marketing communications and solicitations, tracking your marketing preferences, and for our internal marketing purposes.
- Developing, updating, and improving our products, services, and customer experience, and otherwise improving our knowledge and insights regarding customers.
- Preventing and detecting fraud, financial crime, hacking activities, security breaches, and other unlawful activities in connection with the Site or the purchase of our products.
- Enforcing our agreements with customers, bringing and defending against legal claims, and complying with our legal or regulatory obligations.
- Notifying you about changes to our Site, products, services, or material changes to this Policy.
- Providing you with surveys or otherwise soliciting feedback from you.
- Performing other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or to which you otherwise consent.
For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Choices About the Collection and Use of Personal Information” below.
Disclosure of Personal Information
When the information we collect about you is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share your information with the following types of entities:
- Business partners, service providers, and third-party vendors necessary for our performance of transactions with you (for example, our payment processing providers for the Site, shipping/delivery providers, and insurance providers).
- Service providers and third-party vendors that we use to support our business, including companies that perform work necessary for us to provide and improve our products and services. For example, we may share your information with our email service and IT security providers.
- Marketing and advertising vendors that may assist with sales generation, hosting information relating to customers and potential customers, marketing automation, advertisement placement and targeting, and marketing campaigns and communications.
- Analytics vendors in order to understand our Site traffic and usage patterns, optimize our Site, and identify potential new clients.
- Buyers or other successors prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred.
- Other parties for any purpose we disclose at the time you provide the information.
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Choices About the Collection and Use of Personal Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding your personal information. If we ever send you promotional emails, you can stop receiving those emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email. We endeavor to promptly process any unsubscribe requests. You can also choose not to provide us with information we may request through our Site, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Site, request information about our products or services, or initiate other transactions with us.
Protection of Personal Information
We use reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. These measures are adapted according to the level of sensitivity of the data processed and according to the level of risk presented by the processing or its implementation. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password for your customer account.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. Such websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. We cannot take responsibility for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
Bell is headquartered in the United States and, as a result, the information you provide to us may reside on servers or workstations in the United States. You understand and consent that information you provide may be transferred to and processed in the United States. You also understand and acknowledge that the data protection laws in the United States may be different from the data protection laws in your home country. When we transfer personal information from outside of the United States to the United States, we will implement appropriate and suitable safeguards to protect such information as may be required by applicable data protection laws.
Our Site is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. Should we discover that a child under the appropriate age provided his or her personal information, we will use that information only to respond to that child and inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving such information.
Data Storage and Retention
We keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was obtained, including the provision of Services. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with a particular customer, (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject, and (iii) as necessary to comply with legal obligations.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your device.
Changes to this Policy
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. If there are changes to our Policy, we will post them here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this Site after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Accordingly, we encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by using the contact information provided below:
Natasa Saremi, HR Director