R & D Technician
Monday – Friday
8am – 5pm
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
The Research and Development Technician is a fundamental position in supporting the daily operations of the research and development team. The R & D Technician will be expected to follow proper procedures; perform accurate computations and prepare batches and samples daily based on the needs of the chemists. The R&D Technician will be working on projects in the personal care industry, mainly skincare and suncare. The R & D Technician requires a hands-on, team-based approach and will answer directly to the R&D Manager.
- Assist in all activities related to product development-fill samples i.e. make and prepare lab batches for sampling and stability testing.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare samples based on formulations and instructions provided by R&D Chemists and management.
- Perform routine tests on batches and products including measuring pH, specific gravity, viscosity, as well as sensory testing of color, odor, appearance and texture.
- Assure that bulk batches, finished products, and raw materials meet the Bell Labs established sample specifications and quality standards and that sample documents are saved properly.
- Maintain and organize the lab cabinets for product standards and bulk retains.
- Perform calculations to determine proper trial batching sizes.
- Support R & D team members as defined by R &D Manager.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of all work in formats required.
- Communicate research, batching and stability issues and concerns immediately with all relevant personnel to achieve timely and effective results.
- Working knowledge of laboratory equipment set-up and operation, common laboratory techniques and safe chemical handling
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of initiative, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with team members
- Displays sense of urgency and initiative with creativity and flexibility
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy & organization
- Ability to work as part of a team and excel independently in fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Chemistry, Biology or related sciences
- Interest in personal care formulation and experience in a lab setting
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or related sciences
- Experience working in a lab setting within the personal care industry
- Classes or BS in Cosmetic Science
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.