Quality Control (QC) Supervisor
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
The purpose of this job is to: manage, plan, organize and direct the activities related to Quality Control and will ensure the quality and reliability of the processes and products by supervising those that are inspecting the production area, ensuring the finished products are up to the quality that the company expects them to be, making recommendations to management for improvement of systems, processes and policies, and performing hands-on quality control work.
- Manages daily operations of the production area
- Assisting manufacturing with productivity and quality improvements
- Assisting production operators with trouble-shooting issues
- Work with Sales Staff to support marketing/sales efforts
- Participating in resolving quality related CCAs (Customer Corrective Action), when needed
- Perform analyses on samples according to SOP’s and Pharmacopoeias.
- Support testing and release of raw materials, intermediate and finished products.
- Take part in investigations of OOS or aberrant results.
- Exercises responsibility for associate training and development and motivating QC technicians.
- Learn the regulatory requirements for our industry.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly
- Ability to establish personal and professional credibility in the organization
- Acute attention to detail and high level of organization and accuracy
- Proactive nature – must want to learn and develop in the role
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in science
- A minimum of 3 years of working in the pharmaceutical or related industry
Preferred Education and Experience
- Fluent in S
- Work experience in contract manufacturing and the OTC cosmetics industry
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.