Quality Control (QC) Chemist I
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Perform routine and non-routine analyses of raw materials, in-process materials and finished products. Accurately record and review laboratory data and documentation. Participate in laboratory investigations of OOS or aberrant results. Troubleshoot equipment and method related problems. Perform validation, calibration and maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Perform analyses on samples according to SOP’s and Pharmacopoeias.
- Support testing and release of raw materials, intermediate and finished products.
- Participating in resolving quality related CCAs (Customer Corrective Action), when needed
- Assisting manufacturing with productivity and quality improvements
- Assisting production operators with trouble-shooting issues
- Accurately record and review laboratory data and documentation according to SOP’s and cGMP.
- Perform validation, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Prepare and review SOP’s
- Take (microbiological) samples for environmental monitoring and monitoring of water systems.
- Maintain laboratory supplies and cleanliness.
- Train other chemists on techniques and methods.
- Take part in investigations of OOS or aberrant results.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment set-up and operation, common laboratory techniques and safe chemical handling
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly.
- Communicate effectively with all members of organization and all levels of management
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy & organization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Proficient knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Chemistry or related field.
- Experience in cGMP drug manufacturing environment
Preferred Education and Experience
- Fluent in Spanish
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.