Monday – Friday
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Quality Control Technician will ensure the quality and reliability of products thought physical/chemical testing and evaluation against a defined specification range. Assist and aid in company understanding of cGMP quality systems. Use of proper cGLP practices to evaluation samples of: Raw material evaluation, stability, product retention, in-process samples, and finished product.
- Conduct testing of raw materials, in-process and finished good samples in accordance to local, corporate procedures and cG
- MP guidelines.
- Follow SOPs, test methods and approved written procedures in the laboratory.
- Update SOPs as needed
- Collaborate with internal and cross functional colleagues to assure testing and releases are completed on time.
- Manage material flow in conjunction with Planning and Scheduling
- Perform inspections by using processes and procedures set in place for determining whether incoming and finished products are of a specified quality and report results to management.
- Investigate and report all non-conformance findings to Management; Trace a quality issue through internal company processes to identify the root cause and possible solutions.
- Ensure proper documentation of processes, product quality and test results.
- Recommend and implement methods to minimize the amount of scrap, or leftover material, which is thrown away after a product has been manufactured.
- Maintain, file and archive all quality and process related documents, both in hard copy and electronic.
- Communicating quality issues and concerns immediately with all relevant personnel to achieve timely and effective results.
- Perform line checks on production floor by pulling/testing product samples inspecting pallets for shipment to ensure product quality.
- Adhere to testing and project deadlines as assigned by quality lab management.
- Act as technical resource to the Quality Manager.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment set-up and operation, common laboratory techniques and safe chemical handling
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly.
- Communicate effectively with all members of organization and all levels of management
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy & organization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures
- Proficient knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate or technical degree OR equivalent years of experience in Quality-related disciplines.
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing and/or Quality Control area
- Working knowledge of FDA 21 CFR part 210 and 211 requirements.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.