Monday – Friday
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Supervises production employees in a manufacturing environment; Plans and assigns work meeting safety, quality and delivery goals. Recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Schedule and coordinate departmental activities to meet schedule attainment, inventory requirements and deliver quality manufactured products.
- Ensure a positive approach to employee relations for all employees. Maintain effective lines of communication with employees, leads and peers. Resolve employee issues through established channels.
- Administer all policies and procedures as established fairly and consistently.
- Lead by example, coach and mentor all assigned employees.
- Monitor cost reductions, such as waste, scrap, damage and rework.
- Maintain time and attendance records.
- Lead the activities of hiring, corrective actions and scheduling of employees in area.
- Manage the successful transition of new products and technology into the production area.
- Balance quality, productivity, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in production area. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular reports to manager.
- Design and procure tools and equipment.
- Support safety initiatives; policies and procedures to ensure plant operations are safe and consistent with company and governmental standards and help reduce accidents and injuries.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Effectively communicate with all members of organization
- Prioritize tasks, handle multiple priorities and delegate when appropriate
- Adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures
- Strong project management skills
- Must be able to read and interpret production specifications
- Analytical ability is required to gather and summarize data to find solutions to various production problems and prioritize work
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Acute attention to detail and high level of organization and accuracy
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and production flow
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, inventory control applications.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree with concentration in manufacturing or equivalent experience– OR – BS degree in Business or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years on leadership experience including direct experience in leading front-line production, compounders and warehouse employees
- Experience using ERP system and Microsoft office.
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on one-on-one basis as well as a group.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 7-10 years of managing manufacturing employees in the cosmetics or pharmaceutical industry
- Lean/Six Sigma
- Fluently bilingual in English and Spanish
- Regularly required to sit, stand (90%), walk, climb and bend about the facility
- Physical exertion required
- This candidate will work in an environment where the noise level is usually loud.
- This candidate will perform repetitive and non-repetitive work.
- While performing the duties of this job, this candidate will be required to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time, use hands and fingers, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, talk or hear.
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.