Monday – Friday
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
The Process Engineer will provide support to both manufacturing and chemists to produce successful batches for skin care, sunscreens and other products as needed. This role will be responsible for developing, installing and monitoring equipment and processes to turn raw materials into end product.
- Act as manufacturing resource for pilot scale manufacture of new Skin Care, Sunscreens, Body Care and Hair Color products
- Provide technical support for manufacturing. Conduct technical investigations, write reports and aid in the close-out of deviations.
- Lead or support technology transfers by conducting laboratory and/or pilot plant experiments and providing technical risk assessments for new manufacturing processes. Interpret and communicate results to the technology transfer team.
- Liaise as needed with Chemists and Compounders to ensure flow of key information on formula and process
- Design and implement manufacturing processes, equipment (from pilot to fully operational) for complex products.
- Keep current on regulatory and quality requirements for manufacturing.
- Review and write SOPs, as needed, to support GMP manufacturing.
- Develop and approve technical specifications for equipment purchase and/ or process validation
- Interact regularly with senior technical peers and colleagues
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to influence
- Complete assignments in more than one functional area (process, project, etc.)
- Other functions as required to support existing operations and customer focused projects.
- Working knowledge or background in chemical manufacturing industry
- Strong technical and/or regulatory expertise
- Detailed record keeping and communication of results to others
- Project skills appropriate for leadership of tech transfer projects
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of initiative, innovation, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally & at all levels within the organization including senior leadership
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy & organization
- Ability to work as part of a team and excel independently in fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Engineering
- 5 – 10 years of experience in Chemical Manufacturing
Preferred Education and Experience
- Background in or working knowledge of personal care industry and cGMP’s
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.