Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
The Accounting Specialist will be primarily required to provide various Accounts Receivable/Payable support to the CFO/Accounting Department, including, but not limited to daily cash receipts posting, invoicing discrepancy resolution, chargeback processing, and collections.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information
- Pay invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtain revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collect revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verify accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist the CFO as a resource in their absence.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures
- Strong math, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy & organization
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced and pressured environment
- Communicate effectively with team, customers and all levels of management
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar
- Minimum of 1 -2 years of experience in Finance or Accounting
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.