Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
The accountant will prepare financial reports to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software system; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Suggest ways to improve design of spreadsheets to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Review and process transactions to ensure bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Provide back up and support to the accounting team.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Experience working with information technology to manage finance and accounting software Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong technology skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Ability to partner effectively with business leaders, including strong (internal) customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment on significant matter, including ethical and professional conduct and strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Continuous improvement and proactive mindset
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Three to five years of accounting experience required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- CPA preferred
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.